tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "biordanov Last Name" <biorda...@my-deja.com>
Subject RequestDispatcher.include problem
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2000 07:26:02 GMT
Hi guys,

Don't know whether this is really a problem or some sort of side-effect of the spec. In a
tag library I have a tag which has to include an external ressources (a JSP page). In the
tag I simple do the following:

RequestDispatcher reqdisp = pageContext.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/test.jsp");

reqdisp.include(pageContext.getRequest(), pageContext.getResponse());

test.jsp is compiled an included fine, but always at the beginning of response, before any
other text. I tried calling manually flushing the response buffer before the include, but
it didn't help. However, if the manual flushing is done in the page containing my tag, then
the included test.jsp appears at right place.

Anyone? Is this normal? Known? Didn't find anything related in the archive.

Thanks a lot,
Borislav

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/