tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Parvez <j...@musicurry.com>
Subject Re: 403 forbidden in tomcat-apache
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:51:24 GMT
hi,

1. compile apache with DSO support --enable-shared=max will do. which will include the apxs
in the bin directory of apache.

2. the mod_jk.so available on the site says garbled everytime, so u need to download the tomcat3.2beta8
source from the site and compile your own mod_jk.so, which you can find a how to on the site
in documentation.

3. put this mod_jk.so in your apache/libexec/ directory.

4. include the mod_jk.conf-auto in your httpd.conf

5. now all your requests for jsp's and servlets will be sent automatically to
   tomcat , rather than you specifyig the port 8080 all the time.

thats about it. it took me four days to understand this routine.
hope it helps.
but i still need someone to help me on the "403 forbidden" earlier in this thread.
parvez.

And Then  NSB)Hiroshi Kasamatsu wrote .............