tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marsh Andy <andy_mar...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Session management on load balanced server
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:17:13 GMT
I have proposals for the following system:

5 servers running tomcat/apache
1 load balancer
1 proxy/firewall.

We will be connecting to a wap/gprs gateway to make
connections for users. We cannot use cookies on the
wap phones and the gateway does not support them. we
need to manage sessions on the tomcat servlet process
and be able to load balance the servers for the first
request, or for every request if there is a way of
managing the session info sensibly.

What I would like to know is, how/what software do i
need to be able to manage the session sensibly. I have
done much research into this area but am having
trouble seeing how the sessions can be maintained
without cookies.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Andy