tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Elliot <jsp...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Building Tomcat on linux
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:37:00 GMT
Hi all,

Quick question re: the Tomcat build process on linux.

I have pulled down all the components and have
populated my classpath and path.  However when
trying to build the serveletapi component I am
stuck with Ant complaining about the fact that
it can't find a 'classic' compiler.  I have tried
several linux jdk's and flipping the compiler
option in build.xml back and forth from "modern" to
"classic".  Unfortunately the build just keeps
dropping out saying it can't find a compiler.

Any clues on how to make Ant just use the compiler
in my path (currently blackdown 1.3) ??   Or where
I could just grab good old fashioned makefile  ??

Many thanks,

Dave Elliot