tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Quenten Van Egeren <qvanege...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is their a bug in Tomcat with the RequestDispatcher.forward(url) method?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 21:17:42 GMT
I am using the following code snippet in one of my
servlets :

      RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
request.getRequestDispatcher(url);
      dispatcher.forward(request, response);

When I do this type of thing under Weblogic 5.1, the
url page is displayed and the url in the "Location"
box on the browser is changed to this url (this is
working correctly)

When I do this under Apache/Tomcat the url page
displays correctly, but the url in the Location box is
the url of the previous page...

Is there something special that I need to setup in one
of the Tomcat config files, or is this a bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Quenten Van Egeren
(qvanegeren@yahoo.com)