tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Delaney <jenov...@yahoo.com>
Subject URGENT HELP!!! Reloading
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:11:37 GMT
Hi all.. If any body could help I would be extremely
grateful.

Using Tomcat 3.1, whenever I place new class files in
the WEB-INF directory, the relaoding mechanism returns
one of the following scenarios..

1. Reloads after about 10-15 minutes
2. Doesn't reload at all!
3. Works fine for about half an hour..

New static html files are being roaded fine but the
class files are giving the probelms.

Should I delete the class files, any request can still
reference the servlets even though they don't exist!!
And should I do that a number of times, I get a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

If any body has come across anything similar to this I
would be extremely grateful for any information..

Many Thanks
Kevin

System Details
Sun OS 5.7