tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Do Phil <Phil...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: Class not found on import
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:01:33 GMT

In your development environment, you probably need to include the WEF-INF
path in your CLASSPATH.  You shouldn't have this for starting the server but
for compiling your code, you do.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Becker [mailto:mbecker@mythicwave.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 3:19 PM
To: tomcat mailing list
Subject: Class not found on import

Hi. From the Linux version of Tomcat I get an error something like "class
test.testbean not found on import." I don't understand how the exact web
app, testbean.class, etc. will run on my Windows machine which I'm using
for development, but bombs on my Linux sever. The testbean.class resides in
the "test" directory within the Web-inf's classes directory, exactly how
it's laid out on the win machine.

Anyone have an idea why Tomcat Linux wouldn't recognize the bean?

Thanks!

Matt