tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick McFarlane <PMcFarl...@lendx.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 milestone 4 and jsp:expression tag
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:43:02 GMT

Hello,

 I'm trying to use Tomcat 4.0 milestone 4 to take advantage of it's support
for XML compliant JSP tags. I understand from the New Spec document that
this functionality is not complete (medium rare if I recall). To that
effect, I've noticed some strange behavior when evaluating jsp:expression
tags. It seems that if the jsp:expression tag is embedded in an attribute,
(i.e. <input
value="<jsp:expression>TestBean.getTestString()</jsp:expression>" width=35
height=1/> ) then the jsp:expression tag is not recognized. I'm not sure if
this is a known issue/bug or some sort of user error. I've attached some
samples of the behavior I'm describing. There is attached a bean called
TestBean, a jsp page called TestJsp.jsp which uses the non XML convention
(<% %>) and works properly and a jsp page called TextXMLJsp.jsp which uses
the XML compliant jsp:expression syntax and does not behave properly.

Thanks in advance for looking at this...

	patrick

patrick mcfarlane
sr. java engineer
lendx