tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan R. Labonte" <Dan_Labo...@KEANE-NNE.com>
Subject mod_jserv versus mod_jk
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:13:15 GMT
hi all,

I'm wondering if any one has good reason to load mod_jk instead of
mod_jserv. And if so would anyone out there have install specific
instructions for HP-UX. I'm in dire need here and being a newbie doesn't
seem to help out any. I've searched the archives to no avail, and I'm still
waiting for a reply from my last post. Can someone help out a fellow geek.

My first post... Running Apache 1.3.14 with Tomcat 3.2 and trying to compile
with gcc like docs said and receive the following error message...I can read
the error about needing ANSI C but I'm using what the docs suggest...

in the process of making it on apache and during the build of Jserv I
receive the following error

# /opt/apache/bin/apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so
cc -Ae +z -DHPUX11 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -O
-DSHARED_MODULE -I/opt/apache/include  -c *.c
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The +z option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 485: Can't open "*.c".
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

Any ideas or way I could find a pre-built version of mod_jserv.so...

Always willing to go the extra step for my fellow geek
Dan