tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Cohen (ETL)" <michael.co...@etl.ericsson.se>
Subject RE: Setting up Apache/Tomcat for SSL
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:33:26 GMT
Hi Guy,
I posted Jans' directions for installing apache+modssl+mod_jk+tomcat a couple of weeks ago.
If that is what you meant then the url is:
http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/

Two snippets (sp?) of my httpd.conf are below but this is autogenerated if you follow the
instructions in the link above. To use the default ports 80/443 on Solaris you need
root access and for them to be unused at present.

Hope this helps,

Mike C.

Port 5180
## SSL Support
##
## When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
## standard HTTP port (see above) and to the HTTPS port
##
<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 5180
Listen 5143
</IfDefine>
---------------------------
<VirtualHost _default_:5143>

#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache_1.3.14/htdocs"
ServerName binky.ericsson.se
ServerAdmin michael.cohen@binky.ericsson.se
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache_1.3.14/logs/error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache_1.3.14/logs/access_log

#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

etcetcetc...