tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Cohen (ETL)" <michael.co...@etl.ericsson.se>
Subject RE: Help needed for SSL
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:56:42 GMT
Hi Amit,

Easiest thing to do is set up apache with modssl and tomcat. Theres an excellent howto
I found:- http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/ <http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/>
 following the first installation link.
The installation includes a makefile for setting up a self signed server certificate.

I don't know about using jsse from within the servlet - its something I'm attempting to do
at
the moment but I can say that its not simple.

I've done this and am able to set up ssl between apache and client before the servlet is invoked.
You then use the usual HttpServlet classes to get incoming data which have already been decrypted
by the time they go through the tomcat worker.

Mike C.

-----Original Message-----
From: amit [mailto:amit@realityinfo.com]
Sent: 08 December 2000 12:27
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Help needed for SSL

Hi All,

I'm using Tomcat as an Application server with Apache for an ecom site.
I want to implement SSL to secure my online transactions from Apache
server to client browser.

With this reference , could you please comment on following issues:
1) How I can accept data in a JSP , from a simple HTML form which
     has been submited via SSL ?
2) Is it necessary to implement SSL support in Tomcat ***also****
     for above mentioned type of security ?
3) Is it needed to use JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extension) for
     implementing this ?
4) Can I access same session  before and after SSL-enabled JSP page ?
5) How to install Digital Certificates with Apache/Tomcat ?

I would be thnakful to you if you coluld please guide me about the same.
If possible any kind of  resource / book / URL are higly  welcome.

Regards,
-Amit
E-Mail:amit@realityinfo.com
Sansui Software Pvt. Ltd., India