tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Franz <mfr...@praja.com>
Subject RE: tools for Stress Testing
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:49:53 GMT
Take a look at JTop.

Mark G. Franz

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Chen [mailto:cchen@algorithmics.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 12:06 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: tools for Stress Testing

Hi all,

 I am just wondering if there is a way to do a stress testing on my
jsp/servlet
pages even I am using the session tracking in my application.

for example, I have:
1.jsp for user logon checking
2.jsp for loading data from database
3.jsp for business data calculation
4.jsp for modifying data to database

The application works like:
 when user passed 1.jsp, there will be a set of data in their session, hold
by
Java data Beans, from database. Base on those data, 3.jsp will performance a

certain business logic, then 4.jsp will write data to database.

 I want to build a set of benchmark/stress testing for all those *.jsp
pages.
How long it will take? How's the response performance? ...

How could I do this? Is there any this kind of tools?
By using Tomcat, how can I let tomcat know that I am in the session, and
performance certain data set for me?

Regards,
 Chris