tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Pfeiffer" <wspli...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject Re: sealing violation in 4.0m5
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:59:42 GMT
Classpath is not set (ie set to empty) when starting Tomcat.  My web app
does include some jars, none of which should clash with Tomcat.

Any other ideas on what to start looking for in terms of a clash?.  The
class in question appears to be one of my own in the WEB-INF/class
directory.

Thanks,

Bill Pfeiffer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitching Simon" <Simon.Kitching@orange.ch>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 6:06 AM
Subject: RE: sealing violation in 4.0m5

> Hi Bill.
>
> I believe a "sealing violation" is when a class which was loaded under one
> classloader tries to call a class loaded under a different classloader, in
> circumstances where this isn't allowed.
>
> I suggest that the problem is therefore something to do with classpaths,
> ie your classpath includes some files it shouldn't. The result
> is that tomcat is expecting code to be loaded by a particular classloader,
> but because it is in the classpath, it has already been loaded by the
> system class loader.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Simon

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:544
> > )
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
> > ja
> > va:227)
> >  at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.
> > ja
> > va:196)
> >  at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2038)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:1
> > 61
> > )
> >  at org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase.invokeNext(ValveBase.java:242)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:414)
> >  at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:975)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.ja
> > va
> > :159)
> >  at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:977)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.jav
> > a:
> > 811)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:89
> > 0)
> >  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> >
> > Root Cause:
> > java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
> >  at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)
> >  at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
> >  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
> >  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClassLoad
> > er
> > .java:648)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoad
> > er
> > .java:987)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoad
> > er
> > .java:906)
> >  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
> >  at

com.pdma.oasis.servlets.OasisCommandServlet.initCommands(OasisCommandServl
> > et
> > .java:94)
> >  at

com.pdma.oasis.servlets.OasisCommandServlet.init(OasisCommandServlet.java: