tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Knaack" <>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.1 default ROOT directory?
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:54:39 GMT

I am setting up a standalone tomcat 3.2.1 with virtual
hosts.  I have set the 'home' attribute in ContextManager
to /home/webmaster, and moved the webapps directory there.

The default index.html is now coming from /home/webmaster/webapps/ROOT
but I don't know why its looking there.

I want the directory structures set up something like this:

         |     |
         |     |-/www      <document root>
         |     |-/webapps  <webapps for>
         |-/webapps  <common webapps>
         |-/work     <tomcat work directory>

So that each domain gets its own directory, and common stuff
like the work directory go in the webmaster directory.

Is there a better way to set up directories for virtual
hosts?  Should I just put all webapps into the common
webapps directory?

What is the correct way to point the main, non-virtual
server somewhere other than webapps/ROOT?  Just use a context?
Will that break anything?

View raw message