tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Maes \(BE-day.com\)" <k...@be-day.com>
Subject Handler Thread Problem : java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:02:17 GMT
Hi,

I upgraded to Tomcat 3.2 because I'm getting Handler Thread Problem : java.lang.NullPointerException
I thought it was caused by the virtual hosts, so I tried using the new <HOST> directive
for server.XML
You can see my config files below.
When I surf to: http://www.garages.be this redirects to http://212.100.172.240/park/index.jsp
and gives the error Handler Thread Problem : java.lang.NullPointerException
When I simply type http://212.100.172.240/park/index.jsp everything works fine.
The index.jsp is completely stripped to
<%@ page language="java" import="com.kmoware.register.servlets.*" errorPage="error.jsp"
%>
<head>
URLFORWARDING TEST

Getting desperate !!!

Thx,
Koen

***************** HTTPD.CONF

[........]

<VirtualHost 10.0.1.201>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@be-day.com
    ServerAlias be-day.com
    ServerAlias 192.168.1.254 # reached via internal IP
    ServerAlias www.be-day.com
    DocumentRoot /var/tomcat/webapps/register
    ServerName be-day.com
    ErrorLog logs/www.be-day.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/www.be-day.com-access_log combined
    ApJServMount /register/servlet /register
    Alias /register /var/tomcat/webapps/register
    <Directory "/var/tomcat/webapps/register">
      Options FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>
    <Location /register/WEB-INF/ >
     AllowOverride None
     deny from all
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.0.1.201>
    ServerAlias *
    DocumentRoot /var/tomcat/webapps/park
    ServerName park.be-day.com
    ErrorLog logs/park.be-day.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/park.be-day.com-access_log combined
    ApJServMount /park/servlet /park
    Alias /park /var/tomcat/webapps/park
    <Directory "/var/tomcat/webapps/park">
      Options FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>
    <Location /park/WEB-INF/ >
     AllowOverride None
     deny from all
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

        <Host name="be-day.com">
        <Context path="/register" docBase="webapps/register" debug="0" reloadable="true">
        </Host>

        <Host name="park.be-day.com">
        <Context path="/park" docBase="webapps/park" debug="0" reloadable="true">
        </Host>