tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pier Paolo Bortone" <pierpaolo.bort...@netengineering.it>
Subject Re: Servlet Mappings and what am I doing wrong.
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:21:36 GMT
How are you using tomcat? Standalone or with Apache + mod_jk?

There is a little difference.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Oliver
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 3:42 PM
  Subject: Servlet Mappings and what am I doing wrong.

  I have some legacy code that uses its own non-jsp tag
  system.

  The following is my web.xml file put in

  webapps/myapp/WEB-INF dir

  The attempt is to map files with the extension *.msp
  to the RouterServlet.  Unfortunately this is not
  happening, if I goto the directory and do an msp file
  it lists it as text.  I then tried to do the same with
  the entire directory (hence the second mapping).

  What else do I need?  What am I doing wrong?  (This
  used to use JServ ApJServAction but I'm attempting to
  move to Tomcat3.2 and the new connector) and migrate
  toward a standard system.

  Please note I've genericised all filenames/ips in
  this.  If there is a site called myorg.com, I'm not
  affilliated with it.  I was trying to be generic.

  Thanks,

  -Andy

  <!DOCTYPE web-app
      PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
  Application 2.2//EN"
      "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

  <web-app>
      <servlet>
          <servlet-name>
              RouterServlet
          </servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>
              com.myorg.servlet.RouterServlet
          </servlet-class>
          <init-param>

  <param-name>handlers_classpath</param-name>

  <param-value>com.myorg.servlet</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>handlers</param-name>
                  <param-value>
  Article,Index,Default,Previous,Image,SendFriend,Poll</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>pools</param-name>
                  <param-value>pools</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>pool_url</param-name>

  <param-value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.2:1521:MYDB</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>pool_max_conn</param-name>
                  <param-value>20</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>

  <param-name>pool_max_checkout</param-name>
                  <param-value>10</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>realfiledir</param-name>

  <param-value>/usr/local/apache/virtual/myorg.com/htdocs</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>thread</param-name>
                  <param-value>true</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>

  <param-name>thread_interval</param-name>
                  <param-value>300</param-value>
          </init-param>
          <init-param>
                  <param-name>debug</param-name>
                  <param-value>false</param-value>
          </init-param>
      </servlet>
          <servlet-mapping>
                  <servlet-name>
                          RouterServlet
                  </servlet-name>
                  <url-pattern>
                          /myorg.com/*
                  </url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-mapping>
                  <servlet-name>
                          RouterServlet
                  </servlet-name>
                  <url-pattern>
                          /myorg.com/*.msp
                  </url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>

      <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>

  http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib
          </taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>
             /WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld
          </taglib-location>
      <taglib>

      <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
           <web-resource-name>Protected
  Area</web-resource-name>
           <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be
  protected -->

  <url-pattern>/jsp/security/protected/*</url-pattern>
           <!-- If you list http methods, only those
  methods are protected -->
           <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
           <http-method>GET</http-method>
           <http-method>POST</http-method>
           <http-method>PUT</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
           <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may
  access this area -->
           <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
           <role-name>role1</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
      </security-constraint>

      <!-- Default login configuration uses BASIC
  authentication -->
      <login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>Example Basic Authentication
  Area</realm-name>
      </login-config>

      <!-- If you want to experiment with form-based
  logins, comment
           out the <login-config> element above and
  replace it with
           this one.  Note that we are currently using a
  nonstandard
           authentication method, because the code to
  support form
           based login is incomplete and only lightly
  tested.  -->
      <!--
      <login-config>
        <auth-method>EXPERIMENTAL_FORM</auth-method>
        <realm-name>Example Form-Based Authentication
  Area</realm-name>
        <form-login-config>

  <form-login-page>/jsp/security/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>

  <form-error-page>/jsp/security/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
      </login-config>
      -->

  </web-app>