tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Mullaney" <...@meltingsand.com>
Subject Re: At Value must be quoted. Error
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:48:08 GMT
Thxs Simon,

I had a typo that I was looking right at and I could not see.  Nothing like
staring to hard..

Is there a document anywhere that describes error messages?  The error
message was not clear to me, but then again I am new to this.

Thanks again,
Donald

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitching Simon" <Simon.Kitching@orange.ch>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 11:03 AM
Subject: RE: At Value must be quoted. Error

> Hi Don,
>
> It looks to me like the XML parser that tomcat uses to read the file is
> objecting to something in the file. Minor typos are sometimes damn
> hard to spot :-)
>
> I suggest:
> (a)
> try commenting out blocks of the server.xml file, and restarting.
> of course, tomcat won't *run* properly with only half a config file, but
> you should be able to see when the config file at least parses.
> By the old divide-and-conquer method, you should be able to narrow
> things down to the point you can spot the problem,
> (b)
> If you have made only minor changes to the default file, you can try
> using "diff" to compare the version in the distribution with the one that
> doesn't work.
> (c)
> if all else fails, try posting the server.xml file to this group...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon

.:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/jasp

er.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat

/lib/test:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-t

omcat/lib/xml.jar:/usr/java/lib/tools.jar:.:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/src:

/usr/local/lib/postgresql.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/src:/usr/local/jak