tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sam Terburg" <STerb...@MagicMinds.com>
Subject Re: welcome-file-list
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:10:03 GMT
I want to execute a servlet as a welcome-file.
how do i do this?

i thought i'd put this in web.xml:
    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>test</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

       <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>
            index.do
        </welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

but that doesn't.
i can't find the file index.do so it just skips the welcome file (including
those defined in the general web.xml because <welcome-file-list> is
overwritten i guess) and simply display the dir listing.

greetz,

Sam.