tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Panagiotis Konstantinidis <pa...@hotgen.com>
Subject RE: More Tomcat problems.
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:01:21 GMT
 Hello to everybody. I am using a try-catch pair. I have something like
this.

  try
  {
        Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
        Connection
dbcon=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://isle:3306/footballtest",
"<username>", "<password>");
  }
  catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe)
  {
        cnfe.printStackTrace();
  }
  catch (SQLExepction sqle)
  {
        sqle.printStackTrace();
  }

  but Tomcat just crashes when the: Connection
dbcon=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://isle:3306/footballtest",
"<username>", "<password>");  line is encountered. I have to say here that
the above code works fine if I use simple class to obtain connection with
the database. Any more suggestions.

  Thank you.

    Panos