tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Métras <gen...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Page refresh makes session ID reset
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:22:01 GMT
Hi,

I have a servlet that prints a page that refreshes itself. When I set my
browser not to accept cookies, in order to manage session with URL
rewriting, I have two different behaviors depending on the refresh method
used.

If I use javascript to refresh the page, the page refresh itself without
problem.

If I use a header, with the following code:
      buf.append("<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Refresh\" CONTENT=\"");
      buf.append(user.calcRefreshRate());
      buf.append("; URL=");
      buf.append(response.encodeURL(url.toString()));
      buf.append("\">");
then when the page refreshes itself, the tomcat proposes a new session ID.

Can someone explain this "feature"?
I'm still using tomcat 3.2B8.

Pierre Métras