tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <fi...@filip.net>
Subject Re: Class not found on import
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:50:02 GMT
darn right you should, Java should do that for you, unless you have coded any JNI or other
platform specific code in your application
;-)
Filip
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matt Becker
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 2:29 PM
  Subject: RE: Class not found on import

  I should be able to take the exact web app from my Windows machine and transfer it over
to my Linux machine without compiling the java code, right?

  Matt

  At 02:01 PM 12/19/00, you wrote:

    In your development environment, you probably need to include the WEF-INF path in your
CLASSPATH.  You shouldn't have this for starting the server but for compiling your code, you
do.

    Phil