tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <jse...@home.com>
Subject Re: wierd problem reading remote mapped files in servlets
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:46:53 GMT
Hi, Beti

You may be referencing to the file in the wrong case. Tomcat 3.2 is case sensitive. (I do
read files in mapped drives in both NT/98 without a problem... Maybe there's an issue with
Win2k)

Julio

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Betty Chang
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 4:35 PM
  Subject: wierd problem reading remote mapped files in servlets

  Hi all -- has anyone seen this problem?   I running a servlet on Windows 2000, or NT, and
it's trying to read a file that is mapped from a remote machine (e.g.:  m:\junk.txt, where
m: is mapped to something on the network).  On Windows 2000, the drive will actually disconnect
on me (when I run "net use", I see that)  and the program cannot read the file.

  If I run the program as a main(), things work fine.

  Any clues??

  Thanks

  Betty

  Portal Wave, Inc.
  The Fastest Track to Integrated e-Business
  www.portalwave.com