tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Vanfleet" <vanfl...@ugsolutions.com>
Subject Tomcat vs J2EE
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:45:15 GMT
I'm new to Tomcat and I'm confused about something. I discovered Jakarta Tomcat and learned
I could set it up with my existing apache web server to run Servelets and JavaServer pages.
I then discovered the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and learned that Tomcat is
part if this product. Could someone please explain to me the difference between these two
products.

Why would I use one over the other? Are there any good websites out there that could help
me to differentiate between the two? I need to develop an application server for an online
training product and I need understand what tools are available.

I would appreciate any information any of you could give me.

Thanks,

David Vanfleet
vanfleet@ugsolutions.com