tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Ehli" <petee...@teleport.com>
Subject Re: msdev mod_jk.dsp /make all
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:12:41 GMT
You need to change the http.conf file in Apache and change your workers.propeties file ect
and if you want your server.xml file. Read the doc "Working with mod_jk closely. Where it
show a directory structure like

JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties (partial example of apache
http.conf file)

this is a solaris file structure - you need to use windows C:/program files/apache group/jakarta-tomcat3.2.1/workers.properties

Here is what I add to my apache http.conf file

#server name added 12/25/2000
ServerName localhost

#Apache and Tomcat configuration added 12/25/2000
Include "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto"

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile     "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    warn

Email me directly and let me know if this works for you peteehli@teleport.com Forget anything
to do with virtual hosts for now -- just get the apache-tomcat configueration to work - remember
read and reread the doc.
-- Pete --