tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Smith" <sat-g...@home.com>
Subject Web.xml Getting Ignored
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 01:37:08 GMT
Greetings,

Both tomcat 3.1 and 3.2 are ignoring my webapp's web.xml file.
Looking for help figuring out why. Here are the details:

Solaris 2.7
apache/tomcat 3.1

My ISP has things set up so the tomcat installation
 is shared. Tomcat/Apache has always worked,
just never has picked up on web.xml in my webapps.
I have got around this up until now, but need to
do some mapping using web.xml.

(from tomcat.log -- the web.xml file IS being read
according to the log, but nothing seems to happen.)

Context log: path="" Reading /meta/local/tomcat.release/conf/web.xml
Context log: path="" Reading /home/customers/mysite/htdocs/WEB-INF/web.xml

My question is if this has something to do with
configuring apache. I would also like to know if
the shared configuration of the tomcat install might have
something to do with it. We do not use a "webapps"
folder. Instead there is just a context mapped
to my htdocs folder. Each user is setup this way.

My ISP is working with me on the problem but we
could use some help.

Thanks for any input!

Dave