tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christoph Rooms" <christoph.ro...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Virtual Machine error
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:44:07 GMT
try to start giving the option "+classic" ... should work ...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed Soane" <jed.soane@met.co.nz>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 11:29 PM
Subject: Virtual Machine error

Hi,

I am having an intermittent problem with my Tomcat installation. When
starting/stopping Tomcat, compiling Java code that imports
javax.servlet.jsp.* etc, or when accessing JSP pages the Java Virtual
Machine gives the following error:

# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Unexpected Signal 11
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505005BC
#
# Problematic Thread: prio=1 tid=0x804e770 nid=0x37ab runnable

I then need to restart Tomcat before it will serve any more JSP pages. When
compiling code I can just keep re-entering the javac command line until the
code eventually compiles. Compiling code that doesn't import any JSP or
servlet stuff does not produce the same problem.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache 1.3/mod_jserv, and the Sun JDK 1.3.
I also had similar problems with Tomcat 3.1 and the IBM JDK 1.3.

Any ideas? Should i be using JDK 1.2?

Cheers
Jed