tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffry Guttadauro <jeff.guttada...@abbott.com>
Subject Re: Concatenation problem in taglibs tag in JSPs
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:35:58 GMT
And if you want, you can also set up the web.xml file to specify the tld's
location for you, so your taglib directives don't have to.  Do this by just
adding this to your web.xml file (I think the placement of the tag might
matter, so check the dtd to see what order to use)...

<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>struts</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

{can use multiple taglib tags to define your other ones too}

Then, you would just use the plain struts uri in the taglib directive.

<%@ taglib uri="struts" prefix="struts" %>

Doesn't make anything work better, but it's less to deal with in the jsp
pages, and if you ever want to move your tld's around, you just have to worry
about updating the web.xml instead of ?? jsp pages.

news.ted@husted.com on 12/29/2000 02:06:29 PM
Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org