tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John de la Garza" <jdelaga...@designinsites.com>
Subject RE: formbased security
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 23:47:05 GMT
I am answering my own question...if anyone cares...

What I realized is that j_username and j_password are just strings on the
session...

-----Original Message-----
From: John de la Garza [mailto:jdelagarza@designinsites.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 1:17 PM
To: Tomcat-Users (E-mail)
Subject: formbased security

I am using formbased security as my main security for the site I'm working
on...

I have a option on the menu that lets users change their info...
The problem happens when they change their password.  As soon as the
password is updated in the database the user is no longer logged in...

I am using the JDBC Realm...

any suggestions?

I was thinking of have the servlet that does the jdbc stuff post to
j_security_check...this probably wont work though...