tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Mendelson" <pa...@enableoa.com>
Subject Auto start servlets in Tomcat 3.2
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:44:31 GMT
I am trying to have a servlet start automatically in Tomcat 3.2.

In Tomcat 3.1 I created a servlet entry in web.xml and everything went fine.

In Tomcat 3.2 they provide a sample web.xml file but it refers to a class,
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet, that does not seem to be part of
Tomcat anymore.

My questions are:

is web.xml still the proper way to introduce servlets that should start when
Tomcat starts?

If web.xml is the vehicle, what is the correct syntax for the block:
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
<!--
            org.apache.tomcat.servlets.NoInvokerServlet
-->
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

OR

When I take out that section my servlets don't run at all?

Thanks in advance,

Paul