tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Skop" <jeffs...@intellimart.com>
Subject Please Help
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:13:30 GMT
Greetings:

I followed the instructions for Tomcat IIS how to resulting in the successful installation
of the ISAPI filter; however, files with
jsp extensions only work under the virtual directory as noted in your step 7 as shown below.
This results unfortunately with JSPs
only executing under the /jakarta virtual directory so that the resulting URL is, for example,
http://www.domainname.com/jakarta/index.jsp.

Ideally, I want to be able to configure Tomcat and IIS so that IIS will allow JSPs to be executed
by Tomcat at the root of my Web
server directory structure--instead of a virtual directory, for example, http://www.domainname.com/index.jsp
.

Can this be done? If so, how? If you don't understand my question, please call me at 770 495
9327.

7. Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your IIS/PWS web site.
The name of the virtual directory must be
jakarta. Its physical path should be the directory where you placed isapi_redirect.dll (in
our example it is
c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\win32\i386). While creating this new virtual directory assign it with
execute access.

Jeff Skop,
IntelliMart Corporation
770 495 9327