tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clifford.Ok...@ladbrokes.co.uk
Subject Re: Configuring Tomcat
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:51:41 GMT

servlet.properties file? Where is this file located? First of all, when yoy type
http://localhost:8080, do you get the 'Tomcat' page?

Clifford

Bryan Burman <bburman@level8.com> on 12/08/2000 02:40:43 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

          <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

 cc:      (bcc: Clifford Okoro/Harrow/Ladbrokes)

 Subject: Configuring Tomcat

Hello,

I'm new to Java development and I recently installed Tomcat 3.1 in order
to have a server to run some servlet tutorials under. However, when I
follow the instructions to configure my system, it calls for a file
called servlets.properties to be present with some server configuration
info that is needed in order to locate the .class files that I have
assembled. It doesn't seem to be recognizing the settings that are in
this file, though, since when I type http://localhost:8080/servlet/...
the file is not found. If I type the name of the main class file it does
display the main page, but then the other pages are not found since it
makes references that are only included in the servlets.properties file.
I have tried several locations for this file, including
doc_root/WEB-INF/servlets. This is the servlets tutorial and
instructions from java.sun.com by the way. Any help would be
appreciated. I'm probably missing something very simple in my setup.

Thanks,

Bryan Burman

   This communication and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
   addressed. If you have received it in error please notify the sender or
   postmaster@ladbrokes.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)20 8868 8899. The unauthorised
   use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.
   Ladbrokes Limited will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
   consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
   from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party. Please note
   that in replying to this mail, you are granting the right for that reply to
   be forwarded to any other individual and to be read by a surrogate in the
   event that the intended recipient is out of the office or is no longer
   employed by the company.
   Any views expressed by an individual within this message do not necessarily
   reflect the views of the firm.