tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clifford.Ok...@ladbrokes.co.uk
Subject Re: Auto start servlets in Tomcat 3.2
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:11:45 GMT

Well i'm using en entry in web.xml i the servlert node.

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

where the numbers reflect the start-up sequence.
Hope this helps.

"Paul Mendelson" <paulm@enableoa.com> on 12/03/2000 02:44:31 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 To:      tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: Clifford Okoro/Harrow/Ladbrokes)

 Subject: Auto start servlets in Tomcat 3.2

I am trying to have a servlet start automatically in Tomcat 3.2.

In Tomcat 3.1 I created a servlet entry in web.xml and everything went fine.

In Tomcat 3.2 they provide a sample web.xml file but it refers to a class,
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet, that does not seem to be part of
Tomcat anymore.

My questions are:

is web.xml still the proper way to introduce servlets that should start when
Tomcat starts?

If web.xml is the vehicle, what is the correct syntax for the block:
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
<!--
            org.apache.tomcat.servlets.NoInvokerServlet
-->
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

OR

When I take out that section my servlets don't run at all?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

   This communication and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
   addressed. If you have received it in error please notify the sender or
   postmaster@ladbrokes.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)20 8868 8899. The unauthorised
   use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.
   Ladbrokes Limited will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
   consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
   from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party. Please note
   that in replying to this mail, you are granting the right for that reply to
   be forwarded to any other individual and to be read by a surrogate in the
   event that the intended recipient is out of the office or is no longer
   employed by the company.
   Any views expressed by an individual within this message do not necessarily
   reflect the views of the firm.