tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John de la Garza" <jdelaga...@designinsites.com>
Subject RE: bind error
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 21:26:21 GMT
The jvm is not running...for sure it is not.  The funny thing is that aft4er
I get this error message it still works!

I am using jdbc real formbased security...I don't know if this could be part
of the issue.

as for 3.1 it is stopped...

also, I am running tomcat as a standalone server on port 80 for dev purposes

when I telnet to 127.0.0.1:80 I get this:

SunOS 5.6

login:

what's up with that?  Im running windows 2000!

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 12:44 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: bind error

Something else is using the port?

	Check that:
	1. You are not still running Tomcat 3.1 (is so, change the ports for
Tomcat 3.2 in the server.xml file)
	2. Try stoping and then starting.  Make sure that the JVM actually
dies before restarting.
	3. Without Tomcat running, telnet to the ports that Tomcat uses
(usually 8080 and 8007, check server.xml for actual).  See if you can figure
out what is actually running on the port.  (To check for HTTP, try GET
/<enter>, if this returns an HTML looking document then a webserver of some
kind is running on the port).

	Randy