tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John de la Garza" <jdelaga...@designinsites.com>
Subject bind error
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:52:50 GMT
Since I have switched to tom cat 3.2 when I restart the server I get this:

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:397)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:121)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoi
nt.java:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.jav
a:188)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:204)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:237)

any clues to why?