tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Koscak" <m...@logichip.com.au>
Subject Re: Building output page by page.
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:39:02 GMT
Hello again,

I know someone responded to this message, I was unable to respond and the original message
was deleted. My apologies. (Don't ask long story...)

At present it takes around 13sec to build a page of 1300 rows over 10MB Lan.  I am pushing
HTML output in a display method using out.println(...); right after my database table queries.

My aim is to reduce the time it takes to display an initial page to the end user, by breaking
up the output into smaller chunks.

There is also a good chance that I will merge the two tables into one to reduce the database
connection requirements.

Thanks Again.
Mark

/****************************************************************************************************************
*    PREVOIUS MESSAGE

Hello everyone,

I have build a Servlet application that creates a single HTML page with up to 1300 rows in
a table.

Can anyone give me some links or advice on how I can break this output into HTML pages with
say 100 rows per table, with a corresponding selection bar at the bottom of each screen, giving
the user access to any page they click on?

Thanks in advance.

Mark