tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Ehli" <petee...@teleport.com>
Subject Alias question
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:24:12 GMT
Hello group -- I am trying to access a servlet via an alias. This I thought
was done through the web.xml file in my directory
webapps\practice\Web-inf\web.xml - practice is of course the name of my web
application. I have changed only my web.xml file to run my servlet --

This is what I have put into my web.xml file (this is the only thing in it).
<servlet>
     <servlet-name>hello</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>foo.bar.baz.HelloWorld</servlet-class>
</servlet>

When I try to run my servlet by going to
http://localhost:8080/practice/servlet/hello

I get this error (What am I doing wrong -- Pete ) peteehli@teleport.com

Error: 500
Location: /practice/servlet/hello
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:588)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava:518)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:174)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)