tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Curt Emich" <>
Subject Configuring the Microsoft Loopback Adapter
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:19:20 GMT

I'm trying to get the MS Loopback Adapter to work so that I can call Apache
from my browswer on my laptop with http, even though I'm offline.

At this point, I get a message saying that the current page is not available
offline.  The loopback adapter is supposed to fool my OS into thinking it
has a connection, and thereby allow me to get into my web server.  I've
installed the loopback adapter, but I'm still having the same problem.
Apparently, I need to put in a dummy IP, but I don't see where I can do

Thanks in advance for your help.

View raw message