tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Barreau <guilla...@runtime-collective.com>
Subject creation of application wide objects
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:19:45 GMT
Thanks for all the replies which were very useful.
I have however a further question about one of the suggested solutions:

>So why don't you just shortcut this approach:
>make a dummy servlet that will load at startup ( is a configuration job)
>that instantiates the Application objects.
>You don't need a broker (at least not for this problem)

>Sloot.

How does one guarantee that the dummy servlet will load at startup? Is there a
way that does not imply making for an http request from somewhere else? The
"(is a configuration job)" seems to refer to something which I am not aware of.

Thanks again,

Guillaume