tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John de la Garza" <jdelaga...@designinsites.com>
Subject restarting the server
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 00:04:28 GMT
Since I have added JDBC realm formbased security I get this message 90% of
the time when I restart tomcat...

can someone off a reason for this?

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:397)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:121)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoi
nt.java:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.jav
a:188)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:204)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:237)

ps: there is no java process running...This is on a win 2000 box