tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Jackson" <...@frogdream.com>
Subject Re: Opinions on Websphere?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:26:14 GMT
"Daniel A. Theobald" <theo@vecnatech.com> writes:

> Questions:
>
> 1. How does websphere compare to other portal creation tools?  Are there
> others you would recommend looking at?

I wouldn't have said it was a portal tool.

> 2. Many of our components currently are written using java 1.3.   I have
> installed the trial version of websphere for linux and it seems to need
> java 1.8.8.  Anyone know if/when it will support the java 2 platform?

Version 3.5 (out now) supports JDK 1.2.2 - however v3.5 is not available on
every platform.

I believe www.olympics.com was :-)

> 4. How does it maintain state? (Can it work with cookies disabled?)

Both cookies and URL rewriting are available

> 5. Is it dependent on using Frames in any way?

Nope.

--
Matt Jackson                    | "The world is a book, and those who
mjj@frogdream.com               |  don't travel read only one page."