tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave DeHaan" <ddeh...@dordt.edu>
Subject Problem porting servlets from JServ to Tomcat
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:56:31 GMT
I'm trying to port my servlets from JServ 1.1.2 to Tomcat 3.1.  Most of them have worked fine;
however, I cannot get the Novell GroupWise WebAccess servlet to function properly.  It worked
fine under JServ 1.1.2.  This was on the same machine with the same JDK 1.2.2 installation.
 I have verified that all of the .jar files are in the classpath, and that the init arguments
are properly entered into web.xml.

Here is the error message from tomcat.log:

Context log: path="" Error in webacc init(): null java.lang.NullPointerException	at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:377)
at com.novell.webaccess.common.I18NPropertyBundle.getI18NPropertyBundle(I18NPropertyBundle.java:221)
at com.novell.webaccess.common.I18NPropertyBundle.getI18NPropertyBundle(I18NPropertyBundle.java:39)
at com.novell.webaccess.common.I18NPropertyBundle.getI18NPropertyBundle(I18NPropertyBundle.java:30)
at com.novell.webaccess.WebAccessServlet.init(WebAccessServlet.java:110)	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Unfortunately, Novell will not support this platform.  However, they assert that their servlets
should run on any servlet container meeting the following:
    - Compatible with Java Servlet Development Kit (JSDK) 2.0
     - Compatible with Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.1.6 or above

Does anyone have a clue as to why this servlet won't load?

Thanks.

David E. DeHaan
ddehaan@dordt.edu