tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JTBld...@aol.com
Subject JServ Port
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:39:44 GMT
I am porting a web app from JServ to Tomcat on Linux.  I have having trouble
configuring servlets that reside in my own packages.  My test cases can
access .class files in:

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/myWebApp/WEB-INF/classes

I can access for example "SnoopServlet.class" in that subdir with an address
like:

http://www.mySiteName.com/myWebApp/servlet/SnoopServlet

Now suppose I have a class, SomePackageClass, declared to be in package
testapackage within its .java code file.  Its compiled form is in the
following location and file:

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/myWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/testapackage/SomePa

ckageClass.class

Now, I would like to (but cannot seem to) access it with:

http://www.mySiteName.com/myWebApp/servlet/testapackage/SomePackageClass

What configuration steps must I take?  Or, how can I access it from that
location?

Thanks,
John Thompson
Boulder, Colorado, USA