tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luke Flesch <luke.fle...@yale.edu>
Subject Apache-Tomcat-Cocoon Integration Problem
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:06:23 GMT
To whom it may concern,
	I've spent more than 20 hours now installing, configuring, and
integrating Apache, Tomcat, and Cocoon for a college project that I am
working on.  I have carefully read over the Tomcat-Apache HOWTO.  I am
almost there - I know it.  Here is the current problem:

These requests work:

http://localhost:8080/servlet/HelloWWW
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWWW
http://localhost:8080/foo/servlet/HelloWWW
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/Cocoon.xml
http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWWW

These requests don't work:

http://localhost/servlet/HelloWWW
http://localhost/foo/servlet/HelloWWW
http://localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml

I can't understand why /examples is integrated with Apache and the other
three aren't.  As far as I can tell, my tomcat-apache.conf, server.xml,
web.xml, etc. should support all four.  Obviously, though, if I knew what
was wrong I wouldn't be asking for help.
	Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?  Thanks.

-Luke Flesch