tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Knauf" <>
Subject Re: Win2000 install problem
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:28:34 GMT
What is the value of %TOMCAT%?  That variable is figured out by the batch
file automatically, but it sometimes gets it wrong.

I recommend that you run tomcat as a service on win2k  (see the excellent
how-to).  You don't need to worry about any of that environment stuff
because it is all specified explicitly in the file.

Aaron Knauf
Systems Integrator
Genie Systems Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand
Ph. +64-9-573 3310 x812

"Leon Palermo" <>
04/11/2000 04:36
Please respond to tomcat-user

        To:     <>
        Subject:        Win2000 install problem

Hello All,
I am having a problem installing tomcat 3.2.6 on  Win2000.  I get an error
message which states there is no class  definition found for the
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat file.  I tried to  compile the class
manually and put the file in
$TOMCAT/classes/org/apache/tomcat/start/Tomcat.class; but the same error
occurred.  I checked the CLASSPATH and it seems that tomcat.bat is
correctly setting the CLASSPATH including $TOMCAT/classes and
$TOMCAT/lib/jasper.jar, $TOMCAT/lib/webserver.jar, etc.  Does anyone have
any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

View raw message