tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Katrin_Seiff...@mn.man.de
Subject Antwort: AW: <error-page> in web.xml
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:12:36 GMT

I think I use use tomcat 3.1.

If I use the <error-code> tag, I get the exception.html-page.
But if I use the <exception-type> tag, I don't get my own
exception.html-page. Than I get the standard-exception-output from the
tomcat.

Katrin Seiffert

                    "Amrhein,

                    Thomas"              An:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    <tamrhein@deb        Kopie:

                    is.com>              Thema:  AW: <error-page> in web.xml

                    10.11.00

                    12:47

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    tomcat-user

I tried it, too.
But I have the same problem. Tomcat hangs in an endless loop, if I have
following web.xml:

<error-page>
           <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
           <location>/exception.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
      <error-code>404</error-code>
      <location>/404.jsp</location>
</error-page>

You say, you have no problem using x.html - Files as location?
I have to use x.jsp
Which Tomcat-Version do you use?
I still use 3.2beta5.

regards,