tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Knauf" <Aar...@geniesystems.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Help Required on TomCat Installation
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:31:24 GMT
I recommend that you use a binary package for tomcat.  You will not need
to compile anything at all if you use a binary package.

Aaron Knauf
Systems Integrator
Genie Systems Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand
Ph. +64-9-573 3310 x812
email: aaronk@geniesystems.com
http://www.geniesystems.com

Tony Jeyasekhar <tony_js@usa.net>
04/11/2000 17:52
Please respond to tomcat-user

        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Urgent Help Required on TomCat Installation

Hello...

I am using Linux Redhat 7.0 & already intalled Jdk1.3. I somehow managed
override the Jdk1.1.7 which comes along with Redhat 7.0.

I wanted Java Servlet Support & so tried to install Apache JServ 1.1, but
it
was looking for Jdk1.1.7.

So I then tried to install TomCat. Since Tomcat required Jaxp(Java XML
Parser), & Jakarta-Ant, I installed both of them successfully.

After that I have been trying to execute the build.sh file of Tomcat, but
it
is giving me a warning that I need to use the deprecate option to compile
the
files.

On observing closely the build.sh file, I found that it is referring to
the
build.xml file.
I know deprecate is used to compile java files when some of the old
methods of
java are used.

Since the class files are not created on compiling, the jar files are also
not
getting created. These jar files are probably used by Tomcat...

Please let me know how to handle this case...

Regards,

Tony