tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Etienne Baert \(SPS Office\)" <eba...@sps.be>
Subject RE: problems with installing Tomcat as a service
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:50:03 GMT
Hallo Maarten,

this is a well known problem when using jdk1.3.
Is it that version you are using ?

mvg,
Etienne

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Coene [mailto:Maarten.Coene@cs.kuleuven.ac.be]
Sent: mardi 21 novembre 2000 16:29
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: problems with installing Tomcat as a service

Hi,

I have problems installing Tomcat as a service in Windows 2000. I'm using
Tomcat 3.2 b8.
The situation is like this: (after logging in as Administrator)

1. I have followed the steps described in the NT-Service-howto.html
document in the doc directory of Tomcat.
2. In the Services-window, I updated the startup-type to "automatic"
3. Next, I started the service by pressing "Start"

Now, the tomcat service is running next to the Apache webserver and it
works fine (I ran the examples delivered with tomcat and they worked). The
problem begins when I log off. Normally, one would expect that the service
keeps running, even when logging off. But this doesn't happen.

When I log off, the tomcat service stops executing (but the Apache
webserver service continues executing as it should).
When I log back on as Administrator, the tomcat service isn't executing, I
always have to start it manually. After logging off again, the tomcat
service stops.
When I log back on as a normal user, the tomcat service isn't executing,
and I cannot start the service: "error 5: access is denied". Now I have to
start the tomcat program using the startup batch-file located in the bin
directory of tomcat.

I hope I have provided you with enough information about this problem and I
really hope you can help me solving this problem.

Maarten

--
Maarten Coene
K.U.Leuven