tomcat-users mailing list archives

From saur...@cysphere.com (Saurabh Shukla)
Subject RE: tomcat installation
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:45:01 GMT
Why don't you search through archives ? or search on google.. you will find
the answer.

SHuklix

-----Original Message-----
From: Merwin Yap [mailto:merwin.yap@webphilippines.com.ph]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 3:37 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat installation

I'm a newbie... I downloaded a copy of the Tomcat3.2beta 8  and i'm
trying to implement the simplest installation possible.

I'm getting an error message:

forbidden
you don't have permission to access /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
on this server

I'll run through on what i've done so far...
1. I decommpressed the file jakarta-tomcat.32beta8 (installed in the
directory
    /home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat)
2. made the environment variables in .bash_profile (tomcat_home, i've
successfully  installed java
    already)
3. copied the mod_jk.so on the directory /usr/lib/apache/
4. appeded "include /home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat/conf/mod_jk..conf-auto"
in httpd.conf
5. edited the worker.properties
6. excuted startup.sh
7. edited mod_jk.conf-auto (changed the line LoadModule statement into "
LoadModule jk_module
    /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so")
8. started apache
9  used netscape and accessed it.
("http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample")
10 i get the error message.

I know tomcat works cause i accessed the url
"http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample" i get the
hello world message.