tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shashank Tripathi" <...@shanx.com>
Subject RE: Need database recommendation
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 05:07:27 GMT
If budget is not a problem, then I'd strongly recommend Oracle. It is one of
the more reliable and well-supported databases in terms of an RDBMS, and
also has excellent multimedia support (through Intermedia) so its my top
choice in terms of an OOD as well.

However, if your project needs to be cost-conscious, I'd suggest you to
consider MySQL. I've found it to be the fastest among non-Oracle
alternatives (sometimes even faster than Oracle) and a very, very reliable
database, especially in web environments. Usually, the objection labelled
against it has been lack of transaction support, but recent versions have
taken care of that!

	www.mysql.com

Hope this helps,
</Shanx>