tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jovie" <>
Subject RE: difficulty in running servlets
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:10:51 GMT
         try adding this

         to your web.xml
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Rasika []
  Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 5:06 PM
  Subject: difficulty in running servlets

  I have installed TOMCAT with Apache. I followed your user guide and then
tomcat faqs to install tomcat.
  Now I am able to run .jsp files using both tomcat as well as Apache. I can
also run sample servlet provided alongwith examples. But I cannot run my own
  I have stored itin webapps/root/web-inf/classes directory.
  I still don't understand which files need to be configured in order to run
my servlets?

  I have added following block to web.xml file

  where "hi" is the name of my servlet file. But when I try to run it
through browser giving command http://localhost:8040//hi where 8040 is
apache port(which I have changed ) it gives me 404 error.

  Can you please help me in configuring files so as to run my own servlets?

View raw message